Friday, July 20, 2012

Permitame... ( or not....)

We gave this guy some business, and he gave us the song, 'Permitame.'
It was nice, and he also very nice--he's originally from Michoacan, but did spend 4 years in Texas, so his English is good. He is often in Playa, working his trade there, but sometimes comes to Isla also--lots of Mexican vacationers here now.

I looked up the lyrics to 'Permitame' (let me, allow me...) and I don't really care for them all that much. The words, or the insinuation of the request...well...at least he's asking, one might argue. On the ferry yesterday, there was an awesome singer who did a great job on 'Lagrimas Negras' (Black Tears).  I need to get a rendition of that--however, I also looked up those lyrics, and don't really care for them, either.   That's too bad;  I loved the melody...

More pics from this area, which I guess is called 'Playa Sol' the beach downtown, facing Puerto Juarez.
The latest little trinkets being hawked all around...actually I kind of think the little crabs are kind of cute....


Maybe they asked her, 'Permitame--can I do your hair...?  and she said  'yes!'     She is very elegante.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

And now I've learned another new Spanish word! We also like the upper deck at Jax. Sorry about the cellphone. Too bad the cellphone provider contract doesn't end when the phone expires. If it did, I'd sit on mine!

krisla said...

yes, well...we are in fact out of contract w/Verizon so we'll see. Know of a good company w/reception here?
problem is...what works well in one place, doesn't always in the other...
Jax I thought was too run of the mill, but now it feels homey & comfy, & super views. Food is good too.
I'm always trying to learn more Spanish too...a never ending task. k