Wednesday, July 25, 2012

'The sea was beautiful that day...'


The sea was beautiful that day, my friends....

(ha ha-- isn't that a quote from Seinfeld...It's just before George tells his 'hole in one' story..with the whale.  think that's right...)--{edit here--after clarifying with my sister, & rethinking all day...we know the quote is 'The see was angry that day, my friends...' --George talking, relating the story of finding the golf ball in the whale's 'spout' and finding out, only later, it was Kramer's hole in one...'  we dwell on this stuff...

Anyway, lines from Seinfeld occur to me all the time, and it's fun to 'reapply' them.  Let's face it...the sea on Isla is always beautiful.
These are some views from Sailfish condo....I love that view.  We had to move all our stuff over there, since we're now renting Casa Colibri' a bit more, and will just keep our personal things out of there.  But then, we'll get things into the new house (which Sofi called 'the castle' and we sometimes refer to it as that...or, the shell, or...the money pit, Casa Ruinas... Casa Cascada if we can get a great waterfall or something....fun to think of possibilities as we are still searching for a name...might go with   'Las Casitas del Campo' as it has encompasses both.

Then...Sailfish...hmmm   anyone want to long term rent?   Rent with option to buy?
Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the awesome views...and just love to snorkel in the sea below..so near...it calls my name more when I'm over there.  I must work on getting the city to remove the old utility pole, which is now an eyesore, except once I saw a rare, exotic bird sitting on it last spring...must find the photo I took.  If I do, will slot in here.
 I also love going over to Garrafon de Castilla Beach club...
also, very near as you can see above. Even if I'm not in the water, enjoy watching other snorkelers.
And I could just look at that turquoise sea forever....

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Those views are beautiful! Is your new casa the one I saw building next to Casa Colibri?

krisla said...

Yes...it's been sitting so long, people probably think it's abandoned...but, a long story, and complicated, maybe like many on Isla. As some issues have been resolved, there may finally be a bit more progress on it. Might almost be a bit weird to see it take on the look of a real place. Steve's sister will take over C Colibri', but we'll manage it for her til she can be down more to use it. such plans...
such is life! -kris

krisla said...

Correction! My sister & I, in reviewing the Seinfeld scene, know the line was, 'The sea was angry that day, my friends.' Said by George, recounting his finding the golf ball & saving the whale, and then discovering it was Kramer's hole in one-- a typical Seinfeld plot twist!

The sea on Isla is almost always beautiful...not usually angry, though that can happen too!