Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Colibri' - Hummingbird at the farm

Sometimes I wonder how to meld my two worlds...my two lifestyles...and living spaces.
It's great when they can intersect, and one can remind me of the other...
That does happen, often with references to nature.
Here's a hummingbird, a frequent flyer to our farm garden...
He ( or she?) loves the bee balm most of all, and we can usually catch him there at some time of day.
I've never really seen a hummingbird at Casa Colibri' -- except on the wall...
It kind of dwarfs the hummingbird size building its on...


2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Oddly enough, we have a lot of reminders here of Isla and the tropics. Phoenix is desert, but a lot of people have tropical landscaping so a lot of plants are the same. If only we had an ocean lapping at the wall in the backyard! I joke about getting a CD of ocean sound effects that I can plug into the sound system so I can float in the pool and dream I'm floating in the Caribbean.

krisla said...

Hi Beck,
That does seem ironic to have those tropical reminders in the desert...yet, I see what you mean (minus ocean, of course.) My brother just mentioned how they 'camouflage' cell phone towers (maybe in San Diego, if not Mesa) by disguising them as tall palm trees. I think that's a great idea. Too bad they don't do that w/ugly cell towers here!
-k