Thursday, August 2, 2012

Have a Nice Day



This is a farm not too far from us, in Wisconsin.  We pass it so often,  you can't help but notice it.
It puts out its cheery message to all.
I'm not so cheery lately, having come down with pneumonia of all things...a first for me, so I'm not having such a nice day.  I definitely blame it on a flight from Chicago to Cancun, & on a coughing passenger a row ahead of me.  I have succumbed to air cabin germs before, but never so serious as this. The Dr. agreed, w/the incubation time, CAP (community acquired pneumonia) is the likely diagnosis. 
I really need to start wearing a mask or something on flights, to avoid this kind of welcome home gift.
It caught me off guard, but at least I'm happy to have an explanation for how I've been feeling lately.
I feel more like how this barn looks... another barn, even closer to us....
Besides buildings & bodies going down, the corn crop is not looking so great either, due to drought.
Here are Sofia, Evelyn & Violet venturing out into the cornfield, before being called back.

The lawn is also suffering.  I am not complaining about that, as it really cuts down the mowing.  An even better benefit is that there are almost no mosquitoes...
That is great.   So, the girls can do more things outdoors, more often.

Love this photo of Violet, on an old bench in front of the barn wall.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out & weed and do more soon. The weeds seem to keep growing, in spite of the drought.    Have a Nice Day~

No comments: