Saturday, November 24, 2012

Deer Hunting...

This is a tradition which is just growing stronger, not dying, with 33% more women and 30% more young people, signed up with licenses to hunt this year (acc'd to what I heard on the news, at least). 
So...there have been gunshots around...and today I saw 3 deer in the back of a truck, a sight which always repulses me.  It is enough to make one think of going vegetarian. 
But... at least there will be an end to the shooting I hear around, by tomorrow... thank heavens. 
Above is a display in a local supermarket...the beer section, of course...
turkeys, deer heads...and...more mounted heads featuring antlers...Of course, being Wisconsin, the requisite Packer stuff...

 












 The following photos are from a junk/antique? shop in Brooklyn, NY...from a recent foray there...Hunting stuff is always in fashion I guess...or at least, there must be a market for it....or is it that it has become so cliche and folksy that it is used for interpreting stereotypes?   From what I gather, one is raised in a hunting tradition....or not....
 

No comments: