Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall in WIsconsin




So pretty
to see the fall colors...this is a Garden Tea Room in Shorewood and nieta Evie browsing the upstairs sitting area. I love how this comes together, with all the plantings, the vines, sculptures, and the greenhouse...I wonder if I could do something like this on my rooftop?  well, maybe in Mexico?  That would of course be more doable...though, those gorgeous fall colors...probably not gonna happen there...
why don't people do more with their roofs?  It's such good real estate! I think rooftop gardens are gaining ground, esp. in cities...
Here is Nat with the Davauer crew, pre-baby...not sure they could all fit in a lineup now...but, I guess they could with Olivia strapped on in a front carrier...


Evie and Violet on their sidewalk...

the leaves everywhere are were just the perfect colors in late October

Evie is dressed in her 'Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz' costume, complete with wig, and ruby slippers.
Ever the drama queen, she is singing one of her many show tunes...
 and quite well, I must say...
for someone who is only 4 yrs old!



(she was Pocohontas this year; the Dorothy outfit was from last year)


Fall in Wisconsin...
Even in the city, it's lovely.
In the country, it's great too.
Had more photos, but having a problem with the camera, so maybe I'll add them later...but, wanted to post something final for Nov...and cannot believe it is the last day of Nov...a normally dreary and cloudy month here.
The photos from October capture the brilliance of that month & it's still worth being in the North for.
Nov....  not so much... and we will just pretend Dec is not here yet...(because I'm still here!!!) 


No comments: