Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cafe Cito...Isla centro

Cafe Cito --such a cute name!
and such a cute breakfast place in downtown Isla --
 and the interior, with the tiny tables, bright blue, but with  shells and sand  under glass...










how delightful...
I wish I knew the name of all these shells...
maybe it's knowledge to strive for...

and check out the menu...
for myself...must have a cappucino...
and any breakfast, but love 'Mexican Eggs'





















good service, cute place, fine menu....what more does one need?  nice magazines to browse.
some privacy....I'm just always satisfied here
and on Sundays, one can then walk down the street, & pick up some Tino's ribs to take home.  yum






















Speakng of 'Cafe Cito' it brings to mind a book of that name:

This is a book by author,
Julia Alvarez...
Dominican Republic...
a slim volume, charming fable type story...
about...
coffee...farming... challenges
  (hey, I can relate to all that...farming esp)

very, very readable...
even in Spanish... 
enjoy it with a strong 'cuppa Joe'
 (because Joe is the protagonist in the story)
A Cafecito Story














2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Really nice photos! I missed eating at Cafe Cito this trip. Thanks for the tip on the book!

krisla said...

Just some photos I need to see again myself! makes me go through them at least :) the book is a fun read. k