Monday, July 18, 2011

Garrafon de Castilla Beach Club

Here is Sofi (who came with me to enjoy one of our last days on Isla.. and we chose Garrafon de Castilla....
The iguanas here are fabulous...and a bit aggressive... One time one came up while I was eating and took a 100 Peso bill...(I got it back...but only after chasing him down, & yanking it out of his mouth!

 The iguanas are often out sunning on the sidewalk, or the cliffs...and come up looking for handouts (food...not money... but they'll take anything...

I like the outdoor shower. Sofi found it fun & easy






The water is usually a bit cooler than North Beach.  But, there is wonderful snorkeling here.
And you can see a lot of fish even without a snorkel. I missed a great shot of Sofia totally surrounded by fish with their mouths open, almost jumping up & out of the water for the fish food.
Because I had to hold Sofi up out of the water to protect her from the fish, I couldn't get a photo...






The lounge chair area is nice and peaceful. Good shade.
Restaurant service is good and food is fine.

Guac and Modelo Light are my preferred orders here. Fish is okay though.






What's really great is that the Sailfish condos are just behind this beach club.  So, it's easy walking if we want to go there.


Like Playa Tiburon, this club has an older feel. Yes, some things look dated, but I like the mix of things.
There is no loud music and usually a nice, quiet crowd or just a few people.
It is very family friendly.  I think lots of Europeans come here.
The price, although up from the 30, and then 40 pesos from when we first started coming, is now 50 pesos for the day, and I still think it's worth it.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

What a cute photo of Sofi! We don't make it to Garrafon every trip, but enjoyed it in January. They'd added a new restaurant pavilion and the beach was bigger since the last time I'd been there!

krisla said...

Hey, new photo--like :-)
Garrafon de C just has a comfy feel for us; and I really like the old guy at the desk. Darn...I do have a photo of him, & I just have to find it!