Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkeys

 A sight to see, wild turkeys...
I like to see them in the wild...it's not uncommon around here...

These are true wild turkeys.
Wish I could've gotten even closer, but I scared them, even at the distance I was zooming.



 Here's a true story my son wrote (for Esquire Mag) after being involved in butchering turkeys....
(this was from a year ago... still memorable...we made our turkey in a garbage can, a la 'trash can turkey' which actually turned out really good.   Anyway, the photos are taken on Kevin's (our neighbor) farm.  And these are farm raised, not wild.
Maybe some year, I'll raise my own turkeys...
...but I doubt it!
     (warning.... graphic photos....)     'Happy Thanksgiving'

How to Really Cook a Turkey? Kill It Yourself.  

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kris! It was a beautiful day on Isla! The weather since we got here has been sterling.

krisla said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you also...Hope you found some turkey on Isla...I remember 2 yrs ago, my sister-in-law & I ate at Ixchel Hotel, & it was good--a fun meal. Envy you your weather--esp sun! and good to hear it's staying nice there. Enjoy! -kris