Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

TWELVE NOTABLE TWELVES

12 months in a year.
12 hours on a clock face.
12 inches in a foot.
12 strikes to bowl a perfect game.
12 people have walked on the moon.
12 face cards in a deck.
12 days of Christmas.
12 apostles of Jesus.
12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.
12 jurors in felony trials.
12 signs of the Zodiac.
12 pairs of ribs in most humans.
Source: The Cincinnati Enquirer

I guess  the WI  legislature also made it a special day for #12, Aaron Rodgers, Packers Quarterback.
And as for myself, born on this day...I just had a nice, simple, day including a swim at the local YMCA, 
water walking with a granddaughter in the Lazy River , and a nice book club meeting in the evening with friends. 
I've always thought my mother chose a good day for my birthday;  I've always loved the number twelve. Thanks, Mom.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Water walking in the lazy river sounds great. I need to check out some programs at local indoor pools because I miss the water in the winter!

krisla said...

Thanks, Beck. I love that Lazy River...I've been looking for a photo I thought I had of it (because I'd like to recreate a small version on Isla!) dream...dream...but, cannot find-will keep looking. Yes, I always love to be in the water too, and that is a good replacement for the sea.