Monday, December 10, 2012

Maya Doomsday Myth

Well, thinking about Dec 21st coming, which so many have built up into an event...
I was at one time thinking I'd want to be on Isla, and participate in...whatever...but, now I don't care so much. I won't quite make it by then, and that's okay.

Ironically, just tonight, on the Jian Ghomeshi show, Q, from CBC  he had a guest discuss the whole thing, and put it in the proper perspective.  I really appreciate shows like this.
Lately, most of my education comes from Public Radio...and Wisconsin Public Radio is a leader in that regard, and also NPR, IPR and now I'm appreciating what Canadian Public Radio has to offer also.

I'm referring to the first part of the podcast, 'Misreading the Mayans'  and if you just go down to click on the audio, wait for him to announce the other topics, he'll get to guest & Mayan expert, Robert Sitler who discusses the Maya Doomsday Myth.


  • Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:00pm
    Latin-American scholar Robert Sitler on why the myth that December 21st marks the end of the world persists, despite being a complete misreading of the Mayans' intent. Journalist and author Caitlin Moran on her new collection of music and pop culture essays, "Moranthology." A look at the enduring appeal of James Bond, with ex-Bond director John Glen.



No comments: