Saturday, December 24, 2011

Guadalupe kids

It was definitely a photo opportunity, during El Dia de Guadalupe, to find any number of photogenic kids....













Before the procession, in the town square, during the procession on the way to the Guadalupana Chapel, and around town, you could see boys and girls in their colorful outfits...the same elements, arranged and displayed differently on each child. I bought a set of girls' clothes for my 5 granddaughters, and hope to get them attired and photographed sometime during their upcoming holiday visit.  These kids seemed pros at knowing this annual ritual, and I loved watching them go through the day (Dec. 12)  as their families prepared and supported them through the day's events...downtown church visit, procession to Capilla Guadalupana, children's mass & festivities.            (I want to get these photos posted before Christmas is upon us!  I'm still reliving this holiday...)

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

What adorable kids! I really goofed up in planning our month. Our departure fell on December 12, a day not to be missed in December! : ( Hopefully one of these years we can arrive in early December and stay all the way through the holidays!

krisla said...

There were cute kids at every turn that day. I learned a lot more about the day this year--last year I just learned about the walk/run. Always more to learn! Am sorry to be missing the end of year holidays there myself. Hope for next year tho!
-kris