Saturday, December 10, 2011

A new Chedraui department store opened in Isla Mujeres just this week.
I made it there today, just a couple days after the opening day on Wed., and must say, it is impressive.
I've always loved shopping at the Chedraui in Cancun....and below are photos I took there on my last visit.  Now, I can save the ferry fare and the time, & the lugging of groceries back to Isla.

I will continue to shop at the small shops on Isla.
What I may not do as often is eat out in restaurants, though I still will.
I got some very decent ceviche here today, and while it does not rival what I got yesterday at Justicia Social Cooperative downtown, it's fine.
(I daresay I saw at least one restaurant owner shopping here too.)
It seemed there were plenty of islanders enjoying the store too, many school kids, in uniform, who no doubt have little time to get away and must appreciate having things at their disposal.   Although it is a shock to see a store of this size on the island...well...change happens. 
I remember not long ago, I could not get internet, or even make a phone call easily from the south end.
Now I can.   I appreciate that.   And I will appreciate shopping at Chedraui here vs. in Cancun.



I cannot wait to have Sofia ride the elevator with me when she comes, as we bring our cart up and down.

(sorry, no foto of that
as the Cancun store, being in the Mall,
does not have that...)





















And.....being a bargain shopper.....I can't wait until I see a display labeled
                                         'Zona de Oportunidades! '

which will be bound to surface sooner or later....











No comments: