Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Malecon, Isla Mujeres...

I LOVE WALKING THE MALECON OF ISLA   (in the background, is the old 'Perla' where we first stayed on Isla)
The waves crashing close to the East side of the island puts one in the middle of drama and energy and beauty all at once...
Again, the old 'Perla' (scheduled for condos, I heard...) Though it was going down, I miss how it used to be....



The malecon is scheduled to be lengthened to add more seaside walking space along the eastern side of the island.  I did enjoy being as close to the sea as I could during my island loop walk of a week ago.  I tried to be as near the sea as I could at all times. The malecon makes that possible, and I appreciate that.  



2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

We love that walk too! Usually we stay along the airport strip, so we use it to walk in and out of town everyday. I'll be glad when they finish the new malecon on the other side. It was kind of a drag having to walk on the other side of Medina instead of along the bay this trip.

krisla said...

You have probably walked it more than I & know it better. Wish I'd gotten more photos, and think I do have others, but you know how it is! Yes, I'll be glad when it's finished also & hope to walk it more often :) -k