Monday, March 12, 2012

1965 07 Medina (Mehdiya) Beach, Morocco

and that's how it looked back then, only a few years before I would've gone there.
I believe they have old footage, mixed with new footage, showing more of the recent development.
I see from the comments, they say, you wouldn't want to see it now.

That's often the same thing I hear from folks that were on Isla that same number of years ago.
Or even, just 10 years ago.
They wouldn't want to see it now;   too much change has happened.  Not all for the good, but yes, some for the good too.  I'm okay with seeing the change in Morocco, and here. 
It's just part of how things evolve. And both are coastal areas...drawing tourists...
  But I do reminisce, and I do understand how one can feel that way.
I won't post  my pics of the development behind me, or the lots for sale.  I enjoyed my view of the ocean.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Love that video from 1965! I'm with you. Isla was a lot different 10 years ago, but I still love it. Change is inevitable.

krisla said...

There is just so much out there on you tube, I can't believe it--was weird to find that.
Now, for Mexico...yes, change, and it's not all bad; I'll do some Mex posts for a change next! k