Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mehdia Beach, Atlantic Ocean...Morocco

This was a stretch of beach I used to go to...and it was still there!
I remembered the hard, packed sand, kind of yellowish, running a long stretch north & south...
waves rolling in... for me, many years ago...it was my favorite place to go...

It's not far from Kenitra, and I used to drive there...
in our little Morris Minor car
(wish I had that now...great fuel economy....)

We had a difficult time finding it, winding through many back roads.  However, we made it, and the trip was worth it... Probably my favorite rediscovery of the area....and the beach was much the same...

Way more development around it though, and that was already happening 40 years ago...
 
At the time, I thought this was a fantastic beach.  It still is... but nothing like North Beach on Isla.
Anyway, not sure the video will play, but if so, hear the sounds of waves as I walk on Mehdina Beach!
(and if not, I have discovered a youtube video, shot from 1965 of same beach, which I can post next...)

No comments: