Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tangier, Morocco-Hotel Continental

Am actually in Mexico at the moment, and already have things I need to post from here!

Will add some more Morocco first, then skip to Mexico for a bit...
Maybe the theme could be....whatever starts with an 'M'?         or, whatever place has a lot of tile?
Our beginning & ending place in Morocco was the port city of Tangier.  It seems very international.















This is the Hotel Continental
in Tangier, Morocco.
we got lucky with this find--an old, aging threadbare place with fantastic 'bones' as they say...
It was my favorite place to stay of the whole time we traveled.
Kind of right of out 'Casablanca' period.

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I've always been fascinated by Morocco. One of these days! Gorgeous photos of all that tile!

krisla said...

Now I wish I had spent more time there, and want to go back already. Not only for the tile, but everything!
(you'll see I have nice photos of tile also in Mexico...just took some today at La Joya, up the road! :) k
(cute decorating there...)

Ann said...

This is a beautiful hotel! Love all the tile work, but the tiles in MX
( Isla ) are beautiful too.

krisla said...

Hi Ann-- Absolutely, I totally agree there are beautiful Mexican tiles I just love. will post some pics soon!
(but it's not often one sees a whole room full of tile, every space!
thanks for commenting :)

Yan Rak said...

Really it's a wonderful city ,Tangier is a jewel in the north of morocco
http://mycitytangier.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks, Yan Rak
for that recent comment; I appreciate your post and agree Tangier is a jewel, and is so underrated. It is situated so perfectly, has wonderful history and is exotic, continental and modern all at once. I love it!
I will check your blog; thanks! k